Markiplier and Jacksepticeye GG Refugees
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Markiplier

+10
Dren
MapleNia
ritzcrackerz
Nyxx
professionallurker
M0nkeeButt2590
Dragonmax
moran
Kierans
kei
14 posters

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Markiplier - Page 6 Empty Re: Markiplier

Post by kei Fri Apr 01, 2016 7:06 pm

That's Mark for you. Razz TBH I'm more surprised he was so sorry and down on himself earlier for not getting a RYC video out there, then goes out of his way to make 3 rather pointless videos today instead of maybe 2 random videos and a RYC. Neutral

kei
Admin

https://ggrefugees.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by M0nkeeButt2590 Fri Apr 01, 2016 7:33 pm

kei wrote:That's Mark for you. Razz TBH I'm more surprised he was so sorry and down on himself earlier for not getting a RYC video out there, then goes out of his way to make 3 rather pointless videos today instead of maybe 2 random videos and a RYC. Neutral

True, though I did see a few fans abusing the captions on those videos, especially the banana one. Yes we get it, a banana looks phallic, let's all make a penis joke. Or better, compare it to Jack's dick. Septiplier away and all that. Rolling Eyes

Anyway I guess the RYC will be out on Monday like usual.

Also brief aside, someone is slowly but surely uploading the charity livestream from last month. They have to do it in chunks, but it's better than nothing.

Here's the channel it's being uploaded to: https://www.youtube.com/user/21Animeforever
M0nkeeButt2590
M0nkeeButt2590

Back to top Go down

Post by KMS1017 Fri Apr 01, 2016 11:24 pm

His videos were a bit avant garde today. Atleast he seemed to be enjoying himself. I couldn't watch the breakfast one, I can't with someone who slurps or chews with their mouth open. Granted he did it on purpose, but, I cringed.

KMS1017

Back to top Go down

Post by MapleNia Sat Apr 02, 2016 10:34 am

When I saw the videos and his Lessons tweets, I don't think it was just April Fools' videos because they are all linked together. He made the video comical I guess to put on some of his improv skills; it's only when I turn the captions on that it all made sense for me haha.

I thought that since it's pretty much the weekend, Mark thought to just not do a RYC for this week and just do it on Monday so it doesn't get all in one place and to have a variation in his videos.

And yes! I saw that channel that is slowly uploading the livestream. I just looked it up, but then I saw you already mentionned it Monkee.
MapleNia
MapleNia

Back to top Go down

Post by kei Sat Apr 02, 2016 11:01 am

That makes sense I guess, that it's already almost Monday anyway so there wasn't much point in doing one this week. And yeah the videos looked like a study in improv. I remember in school we had an exercise like that, where we had to fill 5 minutes doing legit nothing at all and still make it interesting for others to watch. I kind of felt like that was what he was doing, and I guess the captions proved that. Laughing

kei
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by KMS1017 Sat Apr 02, 2016 12:09 pm

Those animated videos Charlie Grubel makes are so cute.

There were captions to the videos yesterday? I just watched him stare awkwardly at a banana and there could have been some meaning to it? I feel like a spaz now.

KMS1017

Back to top Go down

Post by kei Sat Apr 02, 2016 2:35 pm

Another animated video? Eh, it's not like I mind it, it's cute. And the animator's super talented. I just thought we'd get something with more substance on his channel after those 5-minute improv exercises yesterday. Razz

kei
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MapleNia Sun Apr 03, 2016 1:00 pm

I just watched Matthias vlog today and Team Edge, Mark, Ryan and Matt filmed 8 challenges so there will be 4 videos for Mark and 4 for Team Edge! I wonder what kind of challenges will it be because there's one with an obstacle course bounce house and apparently Mark had watermelon debris on him.
MapleNia
MapleNia

Back to top Go down

Post by M0nkeeButt2590 Sun Apr 03, 2016 1:51 pm

MapleNia wrote:I just watched Matthias vlog today and Team Edge, Mark, Ryan and Matt filmed 8 challenges so there will be 4 videos for Mark and 4 for Team Edge! I wonder what kind of challenges will it be because there's one with an obstacle course bounce house and apparently Mark had watermelon debris on him.

That vlog was strangely relaxing and I can't wait to see what the challenges are. I enjoy Mark's videos with Matthias. Also surprising that Mark wasn't being all creepy and such in this vlog. Normally he's off in the background being super quiet and just staring at the camera. It's strange how with Matthias, Mark seems to be the quiet one while Ryan is super bubbly. Usually it's the opposite.
M0nkeeButt2590
M0nkeeButt2590

Back to top Go down

Post by MapleNia Sun Apr 03, 2016 8:54 pm

M0nkeeButt2590 wrote:
MapleNia wrote:I just watched Matthias vlog today and Team Edge, Mark, Ryan and Matt filmed 8 challenges so there will be 4 videos for Mark and 4 for Team Edge! I wonder what kind of challenges will it be because there's one with an obstacle course bounce house and apparently Mark had watermelon debris on him.

That vlog was strangely relaxing and I can't wait to see what the challenges are. I enjoy Mark's videos with Matthias. Also surprising that Mark wasn't being all creepy and such in this vlog. Normally he's off in the background being super quiet and just staring at the camera. It's strange how with Matthias, Mark seems to be the quiet one while Ryan is super bubbly. Usually it's the opposite.

I think Mark is quiet and calm at certain times. One of the times I can think of is during the Youtube reunion that happened at New York with a bunch of other people. But it's true that between the bother of them, Ryan is more quiet.
MapleNia
MapleNia

Back to top Go down

Post by M0nkeeButt2590 Sun Apr 03, 2016 9:34 pm

MapleNia wrote:
M0nkeeButt2590 wrote:

I think Mark is quiet and calm at certain times. One of the times I can think of is during the Youtube reunion that happened at New York with a bunch of other people. But it's true that between the bother of them, Ryan is more quiet.

Well Mark has said he's an introvert by nature and that he was quiet in school. But considering how loud and crazy he is on camera, it does seem kinda weird that he's normally very quiet in Matthias' vlogs when he's worked with him for years.

It just seems like when the camera's rolling, he's more lively. But with Ryan, it seems to be the opposite. On other videos with Mark, Ryan seems to be the quiet follower who has others take the initiative for him. But with Matthias and Team Edge, Ryan seems way more spunky and vocal.

Matt seems to be the same in both scenarios, though there is definitely more dick jokes when he's with his friends. He seems way more chill on his livestreams.
M0nkeeButt2590
M0nkeeButt2590

Back to top Go down

Post by MapleNia Sun Apr 03, 2016 9:47 pm

M0nkeeButt2590 wrote:
MapleNia wrote:

Well Mark has said he's an introvert by nature and that he was quiet in school. But considering how loud and crazy he is on camera, it does seem kinda weird that he's normally very quiet in Matthias' vlogs when he's worked with him for years.

It just seems like when the camera's rolling, he's more lively. But with Ryan, it seems to be the opposite. On other videos with Mark, Ryan seems to be the quiet follower who has others take the initiative for him. But with Matthias and Team Edge, Ryan seems way more spunky and vocal.

Matt seems to be the same in both scenarios, though there is definitely more dick jokes when he's with his friends. He seems way more chill on his livestreams.

That's true!

Maybe in this vlog, it was more laid back and friendly so Ryan was more lively.

I think Matt's cool. He really seems chill, like you said.
MapleNia
MapleNia

Back to top Go down

Post by kei Sun Apr 03, 2016 9:49 pm

Am I the only one still wondering if Matt ever found his shoes? Laughing But I think Mark is always quiet on other people's vlogs because he doesn't want to interrupt their own workflow. I could be wrong about that, but it's the same reason Jack gave for being so subdued on some of the PAX panels: that he wasn't the focus of the panel and didn't want to detract from the others or make it look like he was trying to steal the spotlight.

kei
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by M0nkeeButt2590 Sun Apr 03, 2016 10:22 pm

kei wrote:Am I the only one still wondering if Matt ever found his shoes? Laughing But I think Mark is always quiet on other people's vlogs because he doesn't want to interrupt their own workflow. I could be wrong about that, but it's the same reason Jack gave for being so subdued on some of the PAX panels: that he wasn't the focus of the panel and didn't want to detract from the others or make it look like he was trying to steal the spotlight.

I'm sure Matt found his shoes. Especially if they were the Heely ones! Wink

That could be part of it, but also even when just in the background of the vlogs and not being centered, he seems less talkative. Probably a lot of that bravado is for the screen and he's not always a boundless ball of screaming energy, but it is interesting to see how he interacts with different people.
M0nkeeButt2590
M0nkeeButt2590

Back to top Go down

Post by KMS1017 Sun Apr 03, 2016 10:52 pm

Yeah, I noticed how chill Matt seemed to be in his live streams last week. And thanks to him, I've had that Tyler the creator song stuck in my head

And yeah, I think Mark has said that he is quieter in real life. Think he said it on a podcast with link and Rhett.

KMS1017

Back to top Go down

Post by M0nkeeButt2590 Mon Apr 04, 2016 6:32 pm

Stupid gg down again. Guess I'll have to respond here.

kei wrote:The door joke was definitely tailored to the address reveal, IMO. But I'm glad they can laugh about it.

He's been really busy lately, to the point his usual videos are starting to slip again. I suspect he noticed it too, considering he addressed the lack of a RYC from last week. He's also the second Youtuber to mention getting together with Hank Green recently, MatPat being the first, so it sounds like Youtube is doing something big with the "big fish" right now.

He was also filming something with Matthias and Team Edge, so his schedule has been packed. You can tell when he's really busy because his commentary really slips around that time. No clue what they would be filming with Hank Green or what Youtube has planned. It's way too early for Youtube Rewind.

As for the RYC, I think we already knew he still isn't good at moving on well with breakups, it's just we have verbal confirmation now. But yeah it's kinda obvious, and that's as far as I'm willing to say on here.

But it does seem like he's gonna play That Dragon Cancer, he's just mentally preparing himself for it while trying to schedule a good time to do that. Honestly I hate that so many are pushing Mark into playing that. Jack's LP was hard enough and he never lost someone close to him to cancer, but he ended up remembering sad moments of his life through the game. Mark has been through that process at a young enough age, and even though he says he's come to terms with it, you never truly heal from a wound like that. Like what Daniel's father said, it's a scar that is always with you that can open up at any given time.  I'm sure some want him to play it so the game gets more recognition and respect, but part of me thinks these fans are sick enough to want Mark to play it just to get off on his tears.
M0nkeeButt2590
M0nkeeButt2590

Back to top Go down

Post by kei Mon Apr 04, 2016 6:44 pm

TBH...I have zero doubt no one is pushing him to do it out of wanting to give the game more recognition. They already said it themselves last year, they like seeing him cry. So yeah they do get off on it. Any game someone has to mentally prepare and/or steel themselves to play, shouldn't be played by that person. He made it obvious he's doing it for the fans, because he sure as fuck isn't doing it because he wants to. Neutral

kei
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by M0nkeeButt2590 Mon Apr 04, 2016 6:54 pm

kei wrote:TBH...I have zero doubt no one is pushing him to do it out of wanting to give the game more recognition. They already said it themselves last year, they like seeing him cry. So yeah they do get off on it. Any game someone has to mentally prepare and/or steel themselves to play, shouldn't be played by that person. He made it obvious he's doing it for the fans, because he sure as fuck isn't doing it because he wants to. Neutral

Well if there is, it's a small minority who were moved by Joel's story and want to share it. But considering they want Mark to play it, knowing full well that he's got a personal story related to cancer that changed his whole life forever, it's definitely more out of selfish reasons. That really irks me. Why would you want to see someone break down like that? Why would you want him to relive the worst moments of his life on camera? It sickens me how these fans get some sick satisfaction at Mark's misery. Why can't Mark just refuse to play it like he has Undertale, Corpse Party, FNAF World, and all those other games fans keep demanding? Some obviously would be upset, but plenty I think would understand due to how close he is to the subject matter.
M0nkeeButt2590
M0nkeeButt2590

Back to top Go down

Post by KMS1017 Mon Apr 04, 2016 7:00 pm

I get people being attracted to someone with a sensitive side, it's just the watching someone knowingly in pain and getting off on it, that I don't understand. It isn't cute to see someone break down.

It is cool he has some collabs coming up. I'm curious as to what he is doing with Hank as well.
And yeah, it is nice that they seem to be dealing with the address issue well.

KMS1017

Back to top Go down

Post by M0nkeeButt2590 Tue Apr 05, 2016 9:19 am

I'm hoping the stuff with Hank isn't Youtube Red related. Sorry, I don't see the benefit of that system. A monthly fee to not view ads and see some so-so extra content? Seems like a major waste tbh. I've seen some of Scare Pewdiepie, including the one with Mark in it (PM me if you want the link) and for all the advertisement, I don't feel it's worth it. And if that's the best Youtube Red has to offer, then it's not gonna last.
M0nkeeButt2590
M0nkeeButt2590

Back to top Go down

Post by KMS1017 Tue Apr 05, 2016 10:04 am

I think you're right. I don't think that YouTube red is going to make it.

KMS1017

Back to top Go down

Post by kei Tue Apr 05, 2016 10:53 am

They need to make it cheaper, to start. I think even Netflix is cheaper than YT Red, isn't it? Or at least the basic package is. And Netflix offers so much more. Maybe YT needed the bigger fee to recoup the cost of making all these shows at the beginning, but if that's the case they should have planned this out a lot better. Especially since no one outside North America can actually subscribe to it yet...

kei
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by KMS1017 Tue Apr 05, 2016 11:06 am

kei wrote:They need to make it cheaper, to start. I think even Netflix is cheaper than YT Red, isn't it? Or at least the basic package is. And Netflix offers so much more. Maybe YT needed the bigger fee to recoup the cost of making all these shows at the beginning, but if that's the case they should have planned this out a lot better. Especially since no one outside North America can actually subscribe to it yet...

Yeah, just streaming Netflix is 8 dollars a month, and with YouTube red, it's $10? Netflix and Hulu for that matter have thousands of options, and have quality shows, their original shows are a huge a success. I mean, I'm sure YouTube shelled out a lot for the shows they do have, I mean, the one episode I saw of scare pewdiepie, all the effects and paying the actors and workers had to have been a lot. And while seeing Pewds and Mark together was fun, the content wasn't enough to make me want to shell out the money for YTR.

KMS1017

Back to top Go down

Post by KMS1017 Tue Apr 05, 2016 3:39 pm

I saw a few people talking on Twitter about Mark playing that dragon, cancer. At first they were saying they had hoped he wouldn't play it. But then started saying how it's going to be awesome to see him cry. Like its going to be a big experience for all of them. Uh

And I'm sure that there will be lovely talks about his second video today. It's Sophie's curse and he had chica in the room with him. Apparently, she kept going underneath his desk and was breathing on his lap. I just don't want to read the "I would switch places with chica," etc comments. Other than that, the game got me with some of the jump scares.

KMS1017

Back to top Go down

Post by kei Tue Apr 05, 2016 3:57 pm

KMS1017 wrote:I saw a few people talking on Twitter about Mark playing that dragon, cancer. At first they were saying they had hoped he wouldn't play it. But then started saying how it's going to be awesome to see him cry. Like its going to be a big experience for all of them. Uh

Rolling Eyes Of course they did, because why would they act like decent human beings? That's not their style.

And yeah I can imagine what they're going to do with that video. Razz I still remember the thousands of thirsty gifs that people made back when his microphone fell and slammed into his crotch.

kei
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next